The North Texas Day of Giving is Sept. 20, 2018; however, you can donate starting Sept. 10th and schedule your donation. This is our primary fundraiser for programs and support for the library.
To see have easy it is to donate, just click on the poster link below:
The book selection for the month of May 2018 is “The Rat Catchers’ Olympics” by Colin Cotterill. Set during the 1980 Olympics in Moscow, this is the latest novel in the Dr. Siri series. You do not need to have read any of the other books in the series to enjoy this book.
There will be a book sale of donated materials that the library can not use on Saturday May 12th from 12 – 4 p.m. in the library auditorium.
The book that has been selected for the March 28th meeting at 6 p.m. is “A Burst of Light” by Audre Lorde. This book club meets the 4th Wednesday of the month at 6 p.m.
The novel discussion book club meeting on the 4th Wednesday at 11 a.m. Here is the list of books they will be reading in 2018.·
Jan- Truly, Madly, Guilty by: Liane Moriarty
· Feb- The Color of our sky by: Amita Trasi
· Mar-The Japanese Lover by: Isabel Allende
· April- The Address by: Fiona Davis
· May- The Rat Catcher’s Olympics by: Colin Cotterill
· June- Locking up our own: Crime and Punishment in Black America by: James Forman Jr
· July- The Cuban Affair by: Nelson Demille
· Aug-Anything is possible by: Elizabeth Strout
· Sept- Sing Unburied Sing” by Jesmyn Ward
· Oct- The Golden Egg by: Donna Leon
· Nov- Before we were yours by: Lisa Wingate
· Dec- The Christmas Sweater by: Glenn Beck
Ed Brooks & Tom Herrin are the featured artists for January 2018. Their photos will be on view 7 days a week while the library is open.
The judging is complete and the winners for this year’s art show are as follows:
1st Place – “What Tangled Roads We Weave” by David Olenzek
2nd Place – “Jaguar” by Anthony Bennett
3rd Place – “Rainbow Flutterbys” by David Olenzek
1st Place – “Pariah Canyon Arizona” by Edward Brooks
2nd Place -“Sunrise” by Arnold Wayne Jones
3rd Place -“Birds Ablaze” by Larry Waisanen
You can meet this talented people on Wed. Oct. 11th at 6:30 p.m.